Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Try something new or thrash a dead horse?

Just created this Blog and want to check out how it looks. I'm a bit behind the times here as eveyone I know is already blogging away madly.

OK so I have today only to get creative, the rest of the week I am at work. I should get in my studio, I want to experiment with Gold Leaf, if anyone saw Brad Kunkles' work in American Art collector they will know why. I want to do that, I love how the viewer is reflected in the art, and the surreal effect it has.

I am applying for an Artists Trust grant which I want to use to create some paintings on Gold leaf for an art show in January 2011, the title of the Show will be " Seattle, - Boom to Bust" if I get it done. It will be a series of paintings showing the effects on the local economy of the housing bubble. The first in the series will be over gold leaf as a kind of " gold rush" feeling where nothing could go wrong and everyone was making money. Still getting the logistics sorted out on that.

I do have an unfinished painting thats not going well, and have to figure out whether to try and resurrect it or to call it a day and paint something else over it. Somehow I think I'll try the former, its the challenge........

1 comment:

  1. Always good to try something new Barbara! Blog looks good!... Just need to upload some of your wonderful artwork!....=]..

    ReplyDelete