Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Juliette Aristides Workshop

I just completed a 5 day workshop at Rockwater Arts Center in Poulsbo, where top artist Juliette Aristides came and worked her magic. I wasn't sure what to expect, I am by no means a classical realist, which Juliette is, but I was very impressed with her teaching. She set very simple exercises for us to follow, from underpainting values to posterizing the subject matter. I was shocked at the improvement at the end of the week.

However.......it seems for me that I can do better as an intuitive painter. I found that my last painting, completed in less than an hour on the last day, with a bit of a " devil-may-care" attitude, was better than the one I had labored over for days. I'll let you be the judge when I upload the images..........

No comments:

Post a Comment